EDUCATION AND AFFILIATIONS
Tavia holds a Bachelor’s in Accounting from the University of Washington and is a licensed CPA in Washington.
Tavia has nearly 10 years of experience in a variety of finance, accounting and process improvement roles. She has experience in construction, transportation, biotechnology and not-for-profit organizations.
- Managed the daily accounting operations for a development stage biotech company including the month-end close process, accounts payable, accounts receivable, quarterly tax preparation, federal grant management, as well as working with a consulting firm to ensure the company was in compliance with and successfully completed its A-133 grant audits.
- Maintained the daily accounting processes for a not-for-proft telecommunications organization including the month-end close, accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly tax preparation, fixed asset management and procurement.
- Maintained the daily accounting operations for a local, not-for-profit healthcare social service organization.
- Led an effort for a local trucking, demolition and recycling center to establish a positive safety rating with Federal and State Departments of Transportion, ultimately saving the company over $50K in insurance and fines.
- Managed a project to reconcile student funding accounts and associated collections for a local technical college.
- Served as the project manager for a custom home building company. Monitored job progress reporting, managed all contracts, generated bank loan packages and monthly borrowing certificates.
- Extensive experience in numerous accounting disciplines, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, G/L, payroll, account reconciliations, estimating, as well as quarterly, excise and payroll tax preparation.