EDUCATION AND AFFILIATIONS
Daria has a MBA from Seattle Pacific University and a Bachelor’s degree in Finance from Washington State University.
Daria has nearly 15 years of hands-on experience in a variety of finance, accounting, project management and business development roles. She has experience in healthcare, not-for-profit, manufacturing and real estate organizations.
- Served as the Interim Controller for a non-profit senior living provider.
- Served as the Controller for a local manufacturing organization leading all aspects of accounting, finance and human resources.
- Developed and implemented company wide strategic goals and initiative program.
- Worked with external information system consultants to develop and implement improvements to a proprietary job cost accounting system.
- Worked closely with departments outside of accounting to help them understand the financial statements, department budgets, compliance issues and the existing financial systems/reports.
- Served as the Financial Manager for a multi-state non-profit organization.
- Managed the day-to-day operations of the accounting department including the month-end close process, development of the annual budget, cash management, overseeing the state & financial audits, as well as presenting financial data to the leadership team and Board of Directors.
- Assisted with the integration of an organization in response to an acquisition.
- Served as Financial Manager for a start-up real estate management organization. Developed, implemented and maintained financial structure for the organization for the initial commercial construction project.
- Developed and maintained financial relationships between partner organizations resulting in the most profitable and advantageous tax relationships between the entities.
- Served as Accounting Project Manager for a professional services firm. Responsible for the implementation of an upgrade to the firm’s accounting system. Included establishing parameters, running parallel tests with legacy system, implementation and training of the accounting department.