EDUCATION AND AFFILIATIONS
Colleen has a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Montana State University and earned her CPA certification in Montana.
Colleen has nearly 30 years of experience in accounting and financial leadership positions. She has a wide array of experience in day-to-day accounting operations, strategic planning, implementing process improvements and system conversions. She has worked in the banking, social services, real estate, telecommunications, healthcare and not-for-profit sectors.
- Served as the Interim Director of Finance/Controller at a mid-sized public hospital district.
- Conducted a financial statement review resulting in an inventory revaluation and numerous business process improvements.
- Served as Controller managing accounting operations, monthly financial reporting, cash forecasting, investing, tax reporting and coordinating annual financial statement audits.
- Developed and implemented procedures to collect Medicare and Medicaid payments that were previously deemed uncollectible.
- Served as Business Manager overseeing monthly variance analyses, credit and collections, payroll, billing and human resources.
- Developed numerous budgets, forecasts and strategic plans.
- Implemented internal procedures to meet Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Assisted with a billing and general ledger system conversion.